Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE)
FOR CLASS I & II:
- There is no formal examination for Classes I & II. Evaluation is done through Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) by teachers. The testing can be done simultaneously while teaching or separately. It may be with or without intimation to the students.
- There will be 10 cycles of Assessment. 8 cycles out of 10 will be taken for assessment at the end of the year.
- For Each cycle of CCE all the students of the class/Grade are tested in all the competencies.
- They should obtain at least ‘C’ grade in all competencies or otherwise, he/she will be assessed once again.
FOR CLASSES III to IX:
For classes III to X Evaluation is done through Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in two terms during one academic session.
Tools of Formative Assessment are Work sheets, class work, home work, Oral questions, Quizzes, Projects, Assignments, Experiments, Conversations, Interviews, EVS/Science Experiments, Maths Lab Activities etc.
- First Term includes Formative Assessment 1, Formative Assessment 2 and Summative Assessment 1 (Pen & paper Test). The duration of the First Term is from End of May to 30th September.
- Second Term includes Formative Assessment 3, Formative Assessment 4 and Summative Assessment 2 (Pen & Paper Test). The duration of the Second term is from 1st October to 31st March.
THE WEIGHTAGE OF FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT (FA) AND SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT (SA) SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS: (FOR CLASSES III TO IX)
|Grade||Marks Range||Grade Point
|A+||90-100||9.0 - 10.0
|A||80-89||8.0 – 8.9
|B+||60-70||6.0 - 7.9
|B||50-59||5.0 - 5.9
|C+||30-49||3.0 - 4.9
|C||0-29||0 - 2.9|