June 16, 2003 marked the birth of Jindal Adarsh Vidyalaya in Vijaya Vittal Nagar, a bustling township skirting Jindal Steel works. JAV is situated in a beautiful and palatial building at Shankar Hill Town. Initiated with the modest strength of 60 students in 2003, the school has witnessed tremendous growth crossing the 4669 student mark.
- Jindal Adarsh Vidyalaya is a co-educational institution with classes from KG to X Std.
- The School is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and follows the syllabus prescribed by it.
- The medium of instruction is English with Kannada and Hindi as second and third Languages.
- The school lays great emphasis on the physical fitness of its students and provides all facilities for sports, games and recreational activities.
Highlights of JVM
- Lush green, environment friendly & sprawling campus
- World Class infrastructure
- Strong focus on academic excellence
- Multifarious co-scholastic activities
- Summer camps
- Mega annual events
- IT savvy environment
- Reinforcement of spiritual values and interfaith harmony. Environment to foster a strong value system.
- No Corporal Punishment
- Committed & Experienced management as well as faculty.
- Freedom of expression.
- Supportive learning environment to cater to individual’s pace of learning.
- A well-equipped Library to nurture the reading habit in the children.
- Specially designed activities at general science labs to kindle the scientific enquire.
- Periodic review of the students ‘performance to fine tune the teaching methods.
- 100% students’ participants in annual school activities.
- Career guidance for senior students to help them identify the inherent career interest, and also meaningful career orientation activities.
- Equal importance given to indoor as well as outdoor games.
- User friendly fire safety systems.
- Provision for safe custody of documents submitted by the students and staff in form of personal records.
- An active Scouts and Guides and NCC wing.
- 25% seats for RTE at Class – I level as per RTE ACT 2009.