The school is dedicated to give quality education to its students. Developing an environment conductive to all round learning and the development of pupils are the ideals that the school cherishes. These goals cannot be accomplished if students do not attend school regularly. Regular attendance is an integral part of the basic sense of discipline the school identifies itself with.
The attendance and leave rules have been formulated accordingly –
- The student must fulfill the following norms of attendance for the entire academic year:
- a. 75% attendance for classes LKG to VIII as per KSSEB norms
- b. 90 % attendance for Class IX to XII
It is compulsory for the student to comply with these stipulations to make him/her eligible to appear in the Annual Examination.
- Unauthorized Absense:
- a. A fine of Rs. 10 shall be imposed for each day for an unauthorized absence.
- b. If the absence is for more than six days consecutively, it renders the student liable to have his/her name struck off from the rolls of the school.
- All leave applications must be made in leave records duly signed by the parent in the Students’ diary.
- However, the leave letter must be brought from the parent in all cases where leave duration exceeds one day, explaining the circumstances that make the leave unavoidable.
- Sanction of leave must be obtained by the student at least one day in advance before the day of the leave. Even in an emergency situation where the student is compelled to take leave suddenly, a leave letter must reach the school the same day or the immediate next working day.
- Leave should be taken only when absolutely necessary and mostly on grounds of self-sickness only. Whenever leave on such account exceeds two days, it must be backed by a medical certificate of unfitness.
- A student returning to school after suffering from an infection or contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him/her to do so. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class:
- a. Chicken Pox : Till complete falling of scabs.
- b. Cholera : Till the Child is completely well.
- c. Measles: Two weeks after the rash disappears.
- d. Whooping cough: Six Weeks
- Absence for more than three days immediately after a vacation renders the student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls, if prior permission has not been availed.